IV Vitamin Drip Therapy
What is IV Nutrient Therapy?
IV Nutrient Therapy (a.k.a intravenous therapy, IV nutrition, IV vitamin therapy or IV drip therapy) is a type of therapy commonly used for its wide range of health benefits, which can include anti-aging, improved immune system minimized anxiety, reversed symptoms of hangovers and more. Although many may believe that nutrient deficiencies are not so common anymore, many of us aren’t getting the essential nutrients our bodies need to perform optimally.
Because IV treatment is administered directly into the veins, the results may be faster than those of oral or other traditional medicines. IV nutrient therapy can be safe, effective and restorative, and can be highly customized to suit your individually unique goals.
What Is IV Vitamin Therapy Used For?
IV Vitamin Therapy is used for patients striving for improved health, whether that be to help avoid the next flu virus or simply to have more energy throughout the day. It’s believed to be completely safe, effective and restorative. In a perfect world, we’d all drink enough fluids and get the appropriate nutrients we need every day. However, that’s not always an attainable goal to achieve. Because of this, many people depend on a solution that can help complement a good diet and proper hydration for living as our healthiest selves.
IV vitamin therapy can be very helpful in supporting a healthy, nourished body. Common uses for vitamin IV nutritional therapy include:
- Age Management
- Immune System Enhancement
- Illness Prevention
- Energy Boost
- Hair, Skin, Nail Support
- Recovery & Athletic Performance Enhancement
What Nutrients are Administered?
IV nutrition consists of a variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients that work together to produce significant results. The process involves a customized drip of intravenous vitamin therapy treatment designed to suit each patient’s unique needs. Some common ingredients used include:
- Amino Acids
- Magnesium- Magnesium plays many crucial roles in the body, such as supporting muscle and nerve function and energy production.
- Lipoic Acid
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)- Vitamin C is a well known antioxidant and is essential to collagen synthesis. Collagen is an essential building block for hair, skin, nails, and even teeth.
- B Complex Vitamins
- Vitamin B12
- Zinc- Zinc is used to help reduce the duration of illness, prevent infection, and speed up the body's healing process.
- Glutathione - known as the mother of all antioxidants naturally found in your cells, to combat cellular damage and maintain homeostasis. Glutathione can help detoxify the body by neutralizing free radicals. Glutathione is also known for its skin-lightening effects. Can be included in your IV Drip or administered as an IV Push Booster for optimal effect.
How Is IV Nutritional Therapy Performed?
Vitamin IV therapy is performed by injecting a mixture of potent vitamins, minerals and other nutrients directly into the bloodstream—providing quick, effective results. Therapy is administered at a medical office under the supervision of a trained medical professional. IV nutrition can also be specially customized to fit the unique needs of each individual patient and should be discussed with a physician prior to receiving treatment.